Saturday 19 September 2009

My top time saving tips

1) Don't iron what you don't have to. I find that a lot of things don't need ironing, by hanging straight, the creases drop out naturally. Also, if you can line dry, you will get less creases.
2) Only sort your washing into 2 different sorts, whites and coloureds. Makes life a lot simpler and I haven't had any runs doing this, only when I accidentally put in red with my whites. Many modern washing machines have a mixed fibre wash anyway, and I always do this at 30 degrees.
3) Always plan your meals out a week in advance before you write a shopping list. This saves time, money and you can write a list of what you need when you go shopping.
4) When cooking, especially for a large brood, keep it simple. I like to always cook simple but healthy things. I see it unnecessary to spend hours in the kitchen, when there are so many other things to be done.
5) Use a breadmaker. I have 2. It mixes the dough for my currant buns, while I go and have a cup of tea. Also, I can have 2 cakes baking in them while I am out and come back to freshly baked cakes. I can't burn them and don't have to watch them as it is timed. Using a breadmaker also enables you to have fresh bread ready for the morning. You can't beat that smell, Mmmm!

1 comment:

  1. Even though I only have 2 children - it's great to see time saving tips :)

    Thanks for posting these Jenny :)

    Carolyn xxxx

    ReplyDelete